Progressive Canada’s mission is to advance market readiness for clean energy services in low- and middle-income countries, for the benefit of the most vulnerable populations.
Market readiness describes a situation where:
- Households and productive users have access to affordable Clean Energy Services;
- This access is provided largely by the market, by a range of Clean Energy Service providers which are profitable;
- Affordable finance is available for Clean Energy Service providers and end users;
- Relevant market information is available, and awareness, stakeholder networks and capacity are in place;
- Policies help create a vibrant business ecosystem and provide the right incentives for innovation, competition and market growth while safeguarding consumer rights.